I'm just a man seeking God's face...

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wisdom And Knowledge...

As we are finishing up another school year I am forced to ponder education and the pursuit of knowledge. I just finished reading two articles, one about a 10 year old who just finished his second year of college (that's no typo) and the second article about a 19 year old college professor. My first thought, Nerds, was spawned out of jealousy. I have a hunger and thirst for knowledge, but why can't my brain be more like theirs.

But something struck me about these two individuals. They appear to be very humble. The 10 year old doesn't consider himself a genious and says that eveyone is smart in their own unique way. The 19 year old professor is teaching in a college that was ravished by Huricane Katrina. She didn't feel like she could go rebuild a house so she thought she could teach. That was refreshing to my soul.

We live in a world where individualism is push and we are taught from a very young age to take whatever we can get. These two individuals (from the outside) embody a humility that should be comended. Why can't these types of stories lead on the 10 o'clock news? That's for another rant!

Go to http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355603,00.html for more information about the 10 year old and http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24273418/ for more information about the 19 year old professor.

Now, after you read this I want to make one thing very clear. You are wonderfuly made by your Creator. God wove you together to be you. Yes, my jealousy bone acted up when I read these articles, but get it under control and you can praise God for what He is doing in your life. It may not be perfect, but when following God it will be right.

Have a great day and God bless,
Pastor Scott

No comments: