I'm just a man seeking God's face...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good or not so good Friday...


It's Good Friday, but many ask, "What's so 'Good' about it?" I have to admit I was one that didn't understand why this day was called, "Good". Jesus was tortured and killed, what is so good about that?

God made it Good Friday for you and me. Let's be honest, it wasn't good for Jesus, his mom or even his disciples. I can't imagine what it would be like to see my child tortured to death. I would have a hard time looking back and calling that day good.


But this day is good, not for what Jesus had to go through, but rather for what Jesus did for all of us. "He was crushed for our sins," Isaiah 53:5. His death made the way for us to connect with God.

Thank goodness God made a way. Can you imagine if He left it up to us to figure it out how to connect with Him. I can barely figure out what clothes to wear, let alone how to connect with the Creator of the universe. It's "Good" because as the preacher once said, "Sunday is a comin!"

Good Friday is good because it is where Jesus said, "It is finished!" He didn't say is was almost done, but rather, "IT IS FINISHED!" Everything was defeated on Friday, but Sunday is a comin' and death has no more sting. Praise God.

Blessing,
Pastor Scott

No comments: